Everyone wants to have a great life. But creating such a life is easier said than done. Here are 7 challenges that can keep you from living your best life.
- Deciding what you truly want. It can be challenging to plant your flag in the ground and declare, “This is what I want.” Making a decision cuts you off from other options. Just remember that a great life isn’t a random occurrence. It’s important to make a decision and get to work.
- Becoming the person you need to become, in order to have what you truly want. Your mother told you that you were perfect just the way you are. That’s true. Butyou’re not perfect for what you desire, so you’re going to have to make some improvements. Change is uncomfortable, so this is a big challenge.
- Being honest and open about who you really are. We’re too busy trying to be just like everyone else. This is a shame because you’re not just like everyone else. The most valuable parts of you, are the parts that are unique. You can’t have a great life if you’re hiding your true self.
- Dealing with resistance. Resistance is that clenched feeling you get in your gut when you think about doing something you know you should do. There is a part of you that wants to keep everything the same. You must be able to overcome that feeling and move forward in spite of it.
- Dealing with the haters. Haters can be obvious or subtle. These are the people that discourage you, laugh at you, or try to sabotage your efforts to have a great life. They can even be your friends or family members. Whenever you try to be more than you have been, someone is going to try to drag you back down.
- Sacrifice. Doing one thing often means giving up something else. Losing weight might mean giving up pie. Running an online business at night means giving up your evening Netflix habit. A great life will require sacrifice in one form or another.
- Persevering. Most people today are too impatient to accomplish anything impressive. A great life will take some time to create and to maintain. Can you last long enough to see it through?